Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Current Interests

So I've had a few things that I have been getting into lately that I would like to share. First, I have been reading a book entitled Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self by Richard Waggoner. Lucid dreaming is a topic that I have become enthralled with as of late. I think one reason for this is because lucid dreaming is in the same realm as all other psychedelic experiences...after all, dreams are just DMT trips at night. This book has presented a lot of information so that one can use lucid dreaming to explore the mind. I feel this information could really lend a hand in the realm of exploring other psychedelic experiences.

Here's a link to the book I'm reading:
http://www.lucidadvice.com/

Secondly, it turns out that I will be taking Asian Philosophy this semester and in the spirit of that, I am getting into the art of meditation. More specifically I'm reading up on Mindfulness which is a meditation practice commonly used in cognitive behavioral therapy and Buddhist meditative practice. One man that I have studied is a Vietnamese Buddhist named Thich Nhat Hanh. Here is a good introduction to him. A youtube search will provide a wealth of information.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZKrl5n79hY

Check it out. Do your homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment